The Australian government has launched a new messaging service on WhatsApp and an app to keep people updated about coronavirus.
Coronavirus Australia app is available from the Apple App Store and on Google Play, was launched alongside the Government’s new WhatsApp feature. You can gain new messaging services on WhatsApp by typing oz.gov.au/whatsapp.
Here’s a step by step guide to using the Coronavirus Australia Whatsapp service:
- Download WhatsApp onto your phone.
- Add the government’s WhatsApp number into your WhatsApp contacts. The number is +61 400 253 787
- Send the WhatsApp account a message.
- You will receive a message back.
- Follow the instructions to get the information you need.