Job Ad – Child Family & Relationship Worker
Child, Family and Relationship Worker
AWARD & CLASSIFICATION
SCHADS Level 4
Fixed Contract June 2024
Up to 35 hours per week
(Up to 35 hours per week (28-35 hours per week)
Do you want to work in a collaborative, supportive and rewarding environment?
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced person to join a team that’s changing the lives of children and families in our Child, Family and Relationship program.
The Child Family and Relationship Worker contributes to and delivers services across a range of programs designed to enhance parenting skills, improve relationships, increase safety and wellbeing and build personal effectiveness.
If you are looking for a meaningful and rewarding career we want to hear from you.
To be successful in this position you will require:
- Tertiary qualification in social work, social sciences or related discipline and experience in a similar position
- Experience working with vulnerable and disadvantaged families within a strengths-based solution focused framework, and a clear understanding of child development stages and milestones
- A clear understanding of the challenges faced by vulnerable and disadvantaged families including: poverty, substance misuse, child safety & development, mental health, domestic & family violence and homelessness
- Proven experience using a case management and co-ordination approach when working with families and other stakeholders, and a proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability delivering parenting skills and/or relationship education programs
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated experience and skills in using Microsoft Office suite, web-based applications and client relationship management databases
- Current driver’s license and comprehensively insured vehicle
- A current (less than 12 months old) criminal record check and a working with children check
- 35 hour work week
- Generous salary packaging options
- Access to ongoing professional development
- Flexible working options
- Staff Wellbeing program
- Additional leave hours and accrued annually
The Family Centre values diversity, lived experience and cultural knowledge. We respect the place first nation’s people hold in our community and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Equally we encourage people with disability, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to Apply
Click APPLY HERE to submit your application by 4.30pm, 18 April 2023