Job Ad – Support Coordinator – Disability Services
Support Coordinator - Disability Services
AWARD & CLASSIFICATION
SCHADS Level 3 or 4 depending on skills and expericence
12 Month Contract
28-35 hours per week
Do you want to work in a collaborative, supportive and rewarding environment?
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced person to join our Disability Services team.
The Support Coordinator assists participants to increase choice and control, coordinate connections to natural, mainstream and community supports that enable them to achieve their goals.
If you are looking for a meaningful and rewarding career we want to hear from you!
To be successful in this position you will require:
- Tertiary qualification in social work, social sciences or related discipline and experience in a similar position (minimum qualifications in community services, mental health, or other allied health practice at a Cert 4 level).
- A clear understanding of the challenges faced by people living with disabilities including: social and community participation, poverty, substance misuse, child safety & development, mental health, domestic & family violence and homelessness
- Proven experience using casework and coordination approaches working with individuals, families and other stakeholders
- A proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated experience and skill in using Microsoft Office suite, web-based application, and client relationship management databases
- A sound understanding of relevant legislation, NDIS Code of Conduct, and the range of community and mainstream services that may be required for participants
- Experience working in a KPI-driven environment meeting productivity and billable hours activity targets
- Current driver’s license and comprehensively insured vehicle
- A current (less than 12 months old) criminal record check and a working with children check
- An NDIS Workers Screening Check or willingness to obtain
- Experience working within the community sector supporting people with disability, complex needs, and mental health challenges
- 35 hour work week
- Non-for-profit Salary Packaging (up to the value of $15,899 per annum tax free)
and Meal and Entertainment Packaging (up to the value of $2650 per annum tax free)
(Part time and Full time employees)
- Access to ongoing professional development
- Flexible working options
- Staff Wellbeing program
- Additional leave hours and accrued annually
The Family Centre values diversity, lived experience and cultural knowledge. We respect the place first nation’s people hold in our community and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Equally we encourage people with disability, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to Apply
Click APPLY HERE to submit your application by 4.30pm, 26 May 2023