Job Ad – Youth and Family – Connecting Home
Youth & Family Worker – Connecting Home
AWARD & CLASSIFICATION
SCHADS Level 4
28 hours per week
Do you want to work in a collaborative, supportive and rewarding environment?
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced person to join a team that’s changing the lives of young people and families in our Connecting Home Program.
The Youth and Family Worker – Connecting Home supports young people aged 16–24 years who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
If you are looking for a meaningful and rewarding career we want to hear from you.
To be successful in this position you will require:
- Tertiary qualification in social work, social science or related disciplines and experience in a similar position
- A clear understanding of homelessness and its impact on young people and their families
- A clear understanding of the challenges faced by vulnerable and disadvantaged young people and families including: poverty, substance misuse, child safety and development, mental health, domestic and family violence and homelessness
- Proven experience using a case management and co-ordination approach with working with young people and their families and other stakeholders.
- A proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated experience and skills in using Microsoft Office suite, web-based applications and client relationship management databases.
- Current driver’s license and comprehensively insured vehicle
- A current (less than 12 months old) criminal record check and a working with children check
- Evidence of vaccination against COVID-19
- 35 hour work week
- Generous salary packaging options
- Access to ongoing professional development
- Flexible working options
- Staff Wellbeing program
- Additional leave hours and accrued annually
The Family Centre values diversity, lived experience and cultural knowledge. We respect the place first nation’s people hold in our community and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Equally we encourage people with disability, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to Apply
Click APPLY HERE to submit your application by 4.30pm, 20 April 2023