Job Vacancy Youth & Family Worker
Youth & Family Worker – Resilient Kids Project (RKP)
AWARD & CLASSIFICATION
SCHADS Level 4
Fixed Contract June 2025
35 hours per week
$45.08-$48.05 per hour
Ballina and Tweed Head
Do you want to work in a collaborative, supportive and rewarding environment?
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced person to join a team that’s changing the lives of young people and families.
The Youth and Family Worker RKP delivers evidence-based disaster resilience and social, emotional wellbeing (SEW) programs in primary/secondary school and community settings. This role is fixed term until June 2025 & will be based between our Tweed Heads and Ballina offices.
If you are looking for a meaningful and rewarding career, we want to hear from you.
To be successful in this position you will require:
- Tertiary qualification in social work, social sciences or related discipline and experience in a similar position
- Experience working with vulnerable and disadvantaged young people and their families within a strengths-based solution focused framework
- A clear understanding of the challenges faced by vulnerable and disadvantaged young people including: poverty, substance misuse, child safety & development, mental health, domestic & family violence and homelessness
- Demonstrated ability delivering social and emotional wellbeing education programs for children and young people, and proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated experience and skills in using Microsoft Office suite, web-based applications and client relationship management databases
- Current driver’s license and comprehensively insured vehicle
- A current (less than 12 months old) criminal record check and a working with children check
- 35 hour work week
- Generous salary packaging options
- Access to ongoing professional development
- Flexible working options
- Staff Wellbeing program
- Additional leave hours and accrued annually
The Family Centre values diversity, lived experience and cultural knowledge. We respect the place first nation’s people hold in our community and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Equally we encourage people with disability, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to Apply
If this role is of interest to you, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
To apply: Please include your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria. You can download a copy of the position description below.
We are only accepting applications that are submitted via the ‘Apply Here’ button below or the link on our website. Please do not submit your application by email
For more information about the position please contact Kat Fermanis, Manager Resilient Kids Program at [email protected] using the subject line: Youth & Family Worker RKP-Tweed Heads