What is Early Years Family Services?
Early Years Family Services focuses on providing parents with information, educational experiences and practical activities that promote babies and young children’s growth and development.
Who is it for?
Families with one or more children 8 years and under, who are Tweed, Byron or Ballina Shire residents.
How do we support families?
Child & Family Workers share knowledge, ideas, activities and handouts on:
- ways parents can provide exciting, inexpensive educational experiences for babies and children
- using every day experiences as learning opportunities
- what to look for and expect as children grow and develop
- ways to help children grow to their full potential
- helping children develop a love of books and stories
- setting realistic limits for children’s behaviour
The Family Worker can also provide referrals to other services and community supports in the area.
When & where?
Child & Family Workers can visit families at home or meet with families at our centres in Tweed Heads South, Murwillumbah, Byron Bay, Ballina or at other agreed locations.
Child & Family Workers also run a range of parenting courses at various locations. See our course program here for details.
For further information contact us on (07) 5524 8711 or if you would like us to contact you please fill in the form below