A message from David Boutkan, Executive Director
A very warm welcome to The Family Centre.
We are a progressive, community-owned, social purpose organisation, driven by our values and focused on outcomes. We create opportunities for children, young people and families and increase social value in our community.
We work in genuine partnership with community members and groups, non-government organisations, government agencies and businesses, to make a difference. Our work leads to progressive, measurable and sustainable social change.
We focus on building individual and community capability to develop solutions to social problems. We believe everyone has the ability to make a positive contribution to their community.
We are now in our 32nd year and I’ve had the great privilege to lead our organisation for the past 16 years. I’m constantly inspired by everyone involved in our organisation:
- our staff team, who turn up for work every day and deliver outstanding services to our community
- our volunteers, who walk in our doors every day to give their time freely to help others,
- our board members, who take the responsibility to guide and direct our efforts,
- our community partners who collaborate with us for a common purpose,
- our funders, corporate sponsors and supporters, who invest in our work
- and most importantly, the people who place their trust in our organisation when they need support and inspiration, to make the changes they want in their lives.
Join us to build a strong and vibrant community.