Information for Participants
Information for Participants
Life and relationships can get difficult for all of us at times. The Family Centre’s services are for children, young people, and families, and anyone in a family relationship. We encourage and inspire people to make the changes they want for themselves, their family and their community.
Our staff can directly support you to make choices that best meet your needs and aspirations, or through the assistance of interpreters, advocates and appropriate written / visual materials.
We are a social purpose, community owned organisation based on the North Coast of NSW. Our brochure provides further information about our services and locations.
We welcome all cultures at The Family Centre. If you have any particular cultural or other needs, please let us know.
At The Family Centre, you can expect a consistent and high quality service that is informed by clear practice principles.
How The Family Centre protects your privacy
Anything you tell our staff is strictly private and confidential. We will only disclose personal information if you give permission or if required or authorised to by law, for example, to protect someone from harm.
Please see The Family Centre Privacy Statement for further details of how we manage your personal information and how to access your records, or to make a complaint about how we have handled your information.
Concerns, complaints, compliments and suggestions
We are committed to improving our services and invite you to provide feedback, or participate in service design discussions. You can visit, telephone, email or write to us, to tell us what you think.
If you have a concern or want to make a complaint, in the first instance please raise the matter with the staff member you have been dealing with. If you are not satisfied with the result, you should raise the matter with:
Senior Manager Quality and Learning
- by phone: (07) 5524 8711
- by using our feedback form
- by email: email@example.com
- letter: PO Box 6301 Tweed Heads South
If you are not satisfied with the response provided by The Family Centre, there are agencies who can help.
YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO:
- be respected and treated with care
- have your story heard and kept private in accordance with relevant laws
- be provided with correct information, appropriate to your needs
- view information we keep about you, unless restricted by privacy laws
- participate in all decisions concerning you and your family
- receive all relevant information about the service and any limitations
- be informed about service response times and any fees
- be supported by and receive advocacy from staff
- have all complaints heard and receive a response in a timely and fair manner
YOU HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO:
- keep information about staff and other people accessing The Family Centre private
- be respectful of staff and other people who access The Family Centre
- not be affected by alcohol or drugs when in contact with Family Centre staff or activities
- let us know if you are unable to keep an appointment
- let us know if you have any concerns or complaints about staff or the support we are providing you with
Family Centre Information Sessions
The Family Centre run Information Sessions each school term, if you would like to find out more about the sessions or register for the next session follow the link